I have been volunteering as long as I can remember, as early as boyhood day when I was a boy scout day. I undersatnd volunteering as doing something for no reward, to imporive of livelyhood of a person and or society, and I do believe that volunteering is a vital aspect of human development that should be enshrined in the hearts and minds of every person as they grom up.
However, I sometimes see volunteering being used as cover up by weak institutions and government or failed states who cannot provide the basic needs a tax paying community deserves. Obviously this does not include times of natural disasters like 3/11, droughts as in Somalia etc... But in normal circumstances with tax paying citizens, and all the health, eductaion, sanitary etc services being done by volunteer, whlist corrupt officials embezell government coffers. This is particurlarly true of most third world countries.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿